Contact the Candidate: firstname.lastname@example.org; 646.883.8048.
Date: October 17, 2019
DEVIN BALKIND RUNS FOR PUBLIC ADVOCATE. PROMISES TO DELIVER 5 SOLUTIONS.
New York City: Devin Balkind is a technologist who spent the last decade working with nonprofits, governments and businesses to improve people’s lives. He says: I’m concerned that the Public Advocate’s office has become a venue for political provocation and propaganda, instead of what it was intended to be — a way to make government more transparent and accountable to New Yorkers.” He believes that the office should be less political and focus on providing real solutions that every New Yorker needs.
1) 2-1-1 Comprehensive Non-Profit Services Directory to get NYers what they need when they need it—particularly during a crisis;
2) Digital Transformation Service to help civil servants stop being frustrated and start being empowered to modernize city agency technology;
3) Regional Coordinator to collaborate with other governments in the tri-state area and leverage the weight of three states over one to get funds, shave commuter times and eliminate unnecessary conflicts;
4) Civic Engagement Report Card for NYers to have the opportunity to evaluate the City’s public participation initiatives;
5) Open Government App to track City spending and City agency performance in a user-friendly way that every NYer can easily access.
Running as a Libertarian, Devin says: “There are more Libertarians in this city than there are Trump supporters. We are not our grandparent’s party but focused on Big City solutions for today, at a time where large metro regions are driving the future. The Libertarians won official status in New York State for the first time in 2018, and I’m the first candidate of the official party. And, as most New Yorkers will tell you, the City needs and deserves an alternative to the Democrats and Republicans as usual.”
# # # #
Contact the Candidate: